Whilst we try to keep things simple, it is important that all those who hire our hall are clear about our terms and conditions of hire. When submitting a booking, you will be required to accept these conditions; so please read the following before submitting a request to book the hall.
Booking the hall
- We only accept bookings using the form on the Hire Our Hall page.
- All bookings are provisional until the full booking fee has been paid. As such, there is a possibility that somebody else may book the hall.
- Unfortunately, due to previous problems with the hall being left in a mess, bookings will only be accepted from those who are associated with 5th Letchworth or come with a personal recommendation from a Leader or Executive Committee member.
- In addition, the hall is not available for rent after 7PM.
- Bookings are not generally accepted for parties involving ‘teen’ age young people. Please email email@example.com if you need clarification.
Our hire charges are:
- £15.00 per hour for the first two hours.
- £10.00 per hour for each hour thereafter or part thereof.
- Minimum duration one hour.
A £75 returnable deposit will also be taken at the time of booking. The deposit will be returned minus any charges needed to clean up excessive mess, repair any non-accidental damage or remove litter than has been left behind (see note on charges below). Following a satisfactory inspection, the balance of the deposit will be refunded.
Our commitment to you
- We will always try to deal with your booking efficiently. Please note that we are a 100% volunteer organisation, so it may take a few days to respond to booking requests.
- We will liaise with you to ensure that the hall is accessible at the time you requested.
- We will ensure that the hall is clean and tidy when you arrive.
- To respond promptly when requested for information.
- To avoid damage to the hall and fittings and to report any damage promptly.
- For children’s parties: To ensure that there are enough adults in attendance at all times to ensure the safety of children and to maintain order.
- To not play loud music or cause a nuisance to our neighbours: particularly late in the evening.
- To remove all rubbish and not to use the bins that are there solely for the use of 5th Letchworth Scout Group.
- We will clean the hall after your booking, but please leave the hall tidy at the end of your booking so that the cleaner’s task is eased.
- By booking our hall you accept responsibility for any non-accidental damage that may occur during your period of occupation.
- You further agree to indemnify 5th Letchworth Scout Group for any costs it incurs rectifying such non-accidental damage or disposing of any rubbish left behind after a booking.
- If we do have to clear rubbish, we will charge you at the rate of £10 per bag or box.
- We hold appropriate public liability insurance, but 5th Letchworth Scout Group accepts no responsibility for any personal injury whilst the hall is being hired privately.
- We do not hold a Performing Rights Society license to play music. It is your responsibility to ensure you are licensed accordingly.
last updated 22 April 2015