Brief History

5th Letchworth Scouts was formed as some time during the 1920’s and met at the former Spring Road chapel; now the site of our HQ. At this time it was also known as “Father Greville’s Own”.

The Group died out at some point during the 1930’s but was reformed in 1957: meeting at Westbury School. It later moved into its current HQ in Spring Road.